Main characterization tools in the laboratory:
- Hiden microreactor with GC/MS for catalyst characterization including reaction kinetics, pulse chemisorption and TPD/TPO/TPR.
- Nicolet FT-IR with Harrick accessory for in-situ studies
- High pressure Parr batch reactors for depolymerization of polymers, reacting testing, etc.
- Home-built Atomic-Layer Deposition vacuum chamber for controlled synthesis of heterogeneous catalysts
- High-temperature furnaces for calcination and annealing of catalyst materials in a controlled environment
- Quantum Espresso
- Aspen Plus
Other characterization tools available at UC Riverside:
- X-ray diffraction
- X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy
- TEM and STEM-HAADF at CFAMM
- Solid-State NMR